Ladies Philoptochos Society
FR. DEAN, PROISTAMENOS
PRESIDENT, FRAN GOLDNER
DAY: One day at month, evening or daytime
PLACE: PARISH HALL
PERIOD: SEPTEMBER - JUNE
The Greek Orthodox Ladies Philoptochos Society, Inc., is the duly accredited women’s philanthropic society of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. The mission of the Society is:
- To aid the poor, the destitute, the hungry, the aged, the sick, the unemployed, the orphaned, the imprisoned, the widowed, the handicapped, the victims of disasters, to undertake the burial of impoverished persons and to offer assistance to anyone who may need the help of the Church through fund raising efforts; and
- To promote the charitable, benevolent, and philanthropic purposes of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, through instructional programs, presentations, lectures, seminars and other educational resources;
- To preserve and perpetuate Orthodox Christian concepts and the Orthodox Christian Family, and through them, to promote the Greek Orthodox Faith and traditions, in accordance with its doctrines, canons, discipline, divine worship, usages and customs;
- To promote participation in the activities of the Greek Orthodox community, with cooperation of the Parish priest and the Parish Council.
The charitable work of the Society shall be performed with discretion, courtesy and kindness.
CHAPTER # 5059
Chapter President: FRAN GOLDNER
Chapter VICE PRESIDENT" KAREN HANLEY
Chapter Recording Secretary: FRAN DRAKOS
Chapter CorResponding Secretary: DENISE KRONENBERGER
Chapter Treasurer: CHERYL HAUGHT AND LENORE MATTOFF
Chapter Advisor: PAM STRIKIS
PRESVYTERA CAROLYN NASTOS, CLETA LIZAS, ATHENA FISK, MARILENA MIDGLEY
"Freely you have received, freely give" (Matthew 10:8)
What is Philoptochos?
5th Saturday of Lent: The Akathist Hymn; George the Righteous of Maleon; Righteous Plato the Studite; Nicetas the Hieromartyr, Struggler of Serrai (1808); Righteous Zosimas; Theonas, Archbishop of Thessaloniki, Founder and Renovator of the Sacred Monastery of Saint Anastasia of Pharmakolytria, Halkidiki; Theodoulos and Agathopous of Thessaloniki