In 1973 a small group of faithful began to hold meetings at various homes and restaurants to develop a strategy to begin a Greek Orthodox church in Fort Myers.
Originally, services were held at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church on Sanibel Island. By August 1976, after several locations were used for Sunday services, the property on Cypress Lake Drive was purchased. Later that same year, Missionary Parish status was granted. In April 1977 the first service was conducted in a modular building.
On January 17, 1993 the church was consecrated. Today we serve over 200 families.
October 1, 1976 – 1st Priest, Father Arthur K. Kontinos appointed
October 1, 1978 – Groundbreaking ceremonies
April 15, 1979 – Thyranoixia of new church
July 24, 1983 – Groundbreaking for Social Hall
February 19, 1984 – Social Hall Dedication
January 17, 1993 - Consecration of the church was
The "Rev Fr. Arthur Kontinos Community Hall"
is available for use as a banquet or meeting area.
Please contact th church office for details.
5th Saturday of Lent: The Akathist Hymn; George the Righteous of Maleon; Righteous Plato the Studite; Nicetas the Hieromartyr, Struggler of Serrai (1808); Righteous Zosimas; Theonas, Archbishop of Thessaloniki, Founder and Renovator of the Sacred Monastery of Saint Anastasia of Pharmakolytria, Halkidiki; Theodoulos and Agathopous of Thessaloniki